Frequently Asked Questions about Special Program for Voluntary Disclosure (7) Other Issues & Appeals
Other Issues about Special Program for Voluntary Disclosure :
1. I have over claimed relief/ rebate. Can I make voluntary disclosure to revise the relief/rebate claimed?
Taxpayers are allowed to submit a voluntary disclosure to revise the over claimed relief/ rebate.
2. Is this Special Program for Voluntary Disclosure applicable for additional assessment only?
This Special Program for Voluntary Disclosure is only applicable for original assessment / additional assessment.
3. I would like to make voluntary disclosure on my under declared income. Can I claim for relief and expenses relating to that income? // Can zakat paid be deducted against the income that has been voluntarily disclosed?
Expenses / relief / rebate can be claimed in the year of assessment the income is reported.
4. If I report income from illegal activities to the IRBM under this Special Program for Voluntary Disclosure, will the IRBM report the information to relevant agencies?
The IRBM is bound by confidentiality pursuant to Section 138 of the ITA, (confidentiality oftaxpayer’s information).
1. If I have appealed to the Special Commissioners of Income Tax (SCIT), can I still make voluntary disclosure?
Taxpayers are allowed to make voluntary disclosure on issues not related to the case appealed to the SCIT.
2. If I have made voluntary disclosure within the Special Program for Voluntary Disclosure period, can I apply for a reduction/ waiver of the penalty?
Penalty rates are final. However, taxpayers can still file in their appeals to the SCIT according to the appeal procedures currently in force.